I first met Mr Bond on Periscope & was lured into discovering his background & creative work.
Bernie’s story : Let Mr Bernie Bond’s voice introduce his story.
You hear our 007 reveal
- how he got the name “Bernie”
- his ancestors – the Aird family from the Black Isle on east coast of Scotland …
- how his great great grandfather started a company that became prosperous during the industrial revolution …
- the family story on his father’s side: moved from Scotland to London to Germany to settle in Austria
- his parents were born in Austria …
- how Bernie was inspired by his family’s background
- Bernie’s love of 1960’s music … especially the Beatles
- how he learned to play guitar & played in groups
- how he wrote & recorded songs in his little home studio
- Bernie the keen footballer – still plays today
- how he earned his living playing in bands & was unemployed
- the story of how he got a job in the travel industry as resort rep for 4 years in Austrian mountains
- how his ability to speak German helped
- how he joined a startup that became a market leader in UK
- he now works there as contracts & commercial manager for UK tour operator
- our 007 lives in Mittersill Austria
- he lived in Bath in 1970s & years later uploaded all his songs on to Internet
- his got into video & created videos to go with his songs
- when he heard James Bond crew were filming “Spectre” in villages (where his parents come from) he made this short video, as a tribute to the villages
- his biggest success was the song “Mittersill Forever” to which Bernie added music, harmony voice & video footage (7k views on Facebook + over 2k on You Tube).
Our 007 Bond in action