If I was sovereign, a dictator, over the US of A, I’d make GREEN BOOK compulsory.
I’d compel every citizen to watch* Green Book on a big screen.
(I wouldn’t make this happen overnight)
The draft plan I’m considering is here:
- President & Cabinet obliged to watch the movie by 1 April 2019. Penalty for failure – disqualified from office for 100 days.
- Senators, Representatives & Supreme Court judges by 1 May 2019. Penalty for failure to comply – disqualification for 125 days
- Military generals, Governors & city Mayors by 1 June 2019. Penalty 150 days
- Candidates for all public offices (federal & local) by 1 June 2019 – penalty for failure to watch Green Book = disqualified from ballot until next election cycle
- All teachers (including kindergarten & higher education) by 1 July – penalty for failure = automatic unpaid leave from office for two months.
- All voters by 1 November 2019 – penalty for failure to be determined after Congressional hearing.
- All News editors by 1 October 2019. Penalty for failure to publish review of Green Book = Fine of $3,650 rising to $365,000.
- All law officers, prison staff & ministers of religion by 1 September 2019 – penalty for failure to conform under consideration.
- Exemptions: none, except patients in authorized comas.
- Green Book Film studio owners & CEOs – National Medal of Honor presented by President of USA by 1 May
* NB This sovereign dictator will exert no pressure on subjects to agree with
(1) the point of view of the director, or distributor of Green Book
(2) feelings & thoughts shown & expressed by any of the characters
(3) the dictator’s views
(4) anyone else’s values.
The requirement is to watch Green Book (and remain awake in the cinema).
One thought on “If I was sovereign”
Brilliant. I wonder what other films will make the list!